What You Need to Know About MetaMask
MetaMask is a bridge to visit the distributed web in your browser. This DApp will allow you to run Ethereum DApps in your browser. You will not need to run a full Ethereum node. The decentralized application includes a secure identity vault. This means it provides complete protection against identity theft and fraud for your online accounts. Metamask encrypts your passwords, usernames and credit card information.
Set Up of MetaMask
1. Click “Get Chrome Extension” to install MetaMask.
2. Click “Add to Chrome” in the upper right.
3. Click “Add Extension” to complete the installation.
4. Click on the MetaMask logo in the upper right-hand corner of your Google Chrome browser.
5. Read the terms and conditions.
You Agree with the “Help Us Improve MetaMask”.
1. Create Password.
You need to create a password with a minimum of 8 caracters.
2. The next page will give you a secret backup phrase. This secret backup phrase makes it easy to back up and restore your account. You need to be aware never to disclose this phrase. Anyone with access to this phrase can take your Ether forever. It will ask you to click to reveal your secret words. Make a copy of it and save it on a USB stick where it cannot get lost and also make a printout of it. Place this phrase in a safe place.
3. You will then need to choose words in the order of the phrase in a block so that you can be sure it is correct.
4. After that, you need to confirm. Then you will get the page Congratulations and click all done. Now you are in your MetaMask dashboard.
You have now created a MetaMask account. It is actually very easy. Remember as far as you go, in the registration process, you need to save your passwords and phrases and make sure you keep it safe.
Click here to create a MetaMask account: MetaMask.